Thursday, September 21, 2017

Space Movies

Over the past month, my family and I have watched 3 movies about space. They are all based on true stories. My favorite was October Sky. The other two are Hidden Figures and Apollo 13. They were all great.


The first one we watched was called Hidden Figures. It is about 3 African-American women during the time when women and African-Americans were being treated poorly. At NASA where they worked, only white men were trusted to work on the difficult stuff. However, the 3 women were all very smart, and played an important role in getting people to space. I did not know that African-Americans helped that much in getting people there.


The second movie we watched was called Apollo 13. It is about the men who bravely went to space in the spaceship, Apollo 13. It shows how they had troubles getting to the moon, and how the control center helped them. I learned that some of the Apollos actually succeeded while others like Apollo 13 failed. I would definitely recommend this movie to people interested in space.


The final movie we watched is called October Sky. It is about 4 high-school aged boys who designed rockets. They lived in a coal town in Coalwood, West Virginia. They did not want to be coal miners, and instead designed the rockets to escape Coalwood's poorness and go to college. I liked that it was about kids and it talked more about their life, their town, and what they wanted to do.


All of the movies we watched were amazing, and I think everyone should watch them.

1 comment: