Monday, February 26, 2018

2018 Winter Olympics

I have been watching the 2018 Winter Olympics over the past couple weeks, and I will talk about some of the sports.

The sports I have done, out of all of the sports in the Winter Olympics, are ice skating, and downhill skiing. However, I do not think I am good enough to do those at the Olympics.

I take ice skating lessons, so I was interested in watching the ice skating. I got to see amazing Nathan Chen. On his short program, he did badly, and fell on every jump. On his long program, he did amazingly, and did six of one of the hardest jumps! He almost got a medal, but not quite.

I was also interested about the single bronze medal the United States won for ski jumping. It was accidentally given to another country, but then 50 years later, the correct American received it.

I was also amazed that South Korea did not let anyone practice the slalom hill, so two people lost by missing the gates.

As you can see, there is a lot I am interested in about the Winter Olympics, and I hope I taught you something!

1 comment:

  1. We watched the Olympics too! We got to see Chloe Kim and Shaun White win their golds and we got to see Nathan Chen's second program! What a great Olympics it was!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete