Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Comparisons: The Series of Unfortunate Events Books #1, #2, and #3 VS. Movie

To sort of quote Lemony Snicket: Do not read this post. It will only bring you misery and woe, much like eating moldy bread, or in this case, the Baudelaire Orphans. It would be much better to read a nice post about singing rabbits and dancing deer. I have devoted myself to do homework involving comparing books to movies, but you have not made such a devotion. So, I strongly recommend you not to read this post.

Now, I will show an image of Books #1, #2, and #3:


You may notice the covers show a deadly man, an deadly snake, and a deadly storm, so you should not go on. It will only fill you with more fright.

Now, I will show an image concerning the same books, but a movie:


Now, I will talk about my weary comparison. The books contain a story of the Baudelaire Orphans. In the movie, it is the same, but Count Olaf, the hideous man, wants them all dead instead of one staying alive. In the movie, he tries to kill the children by hitting them with a train, and he does not try to take them to Peru. He does not wear his disguise on the sailboat, and the wedding is in the 1st book, not the 3rd. Before the wedding, Violet climbs up, not Klaus, and Klaus does not use the refraction and reflection of light to burn the wedding form. In book #3, Violet uses the refraction and reflection of light to attract attention to the sailboat, and uses her false hand to trick Count Olaf with the wedding form. If you find any more woeful differences, please tell me. I prefer the books because they explain the Baudelaire's troubles more, and because there are more of them.

2 comments:

  1. Movies never seem to do books justice, but this one seems way off from your description. That's sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are always better. I really enjoyed your write-up!

    ReplyDelete