Monday, February 19, 2018

My Trip to the Redwoods

Last weekend, the Boy Scouts took a trip to Little Basin State Park in the redwoods. We got there around 8:00 pm, and in the morning my patrol had a breakfast of omelets.



Then we set off on a hike.




When we got to the top, we had a lunch of BLT wraps, and took a picture with the American flag.



Then, after a dinner of quesadillas, we had a campfire including a Sanders water bottle challenge.






Then, the next morning, we had doughnuts and did a service project of shoveling out the fire pits.




I bought all the food for my patrol. When I bought the bacon and chicken, I pre-cooked it at home, and the scouts thought that was the best idea ever. None of the other patrols did that, and no one else thought of that, so they loved me. The trip was one of the best we ever had. We all had fun, even on the service project. We also had fun with all the games I brought.

3 comments:

  1. You're so clever, Trevor! I'd like to know more about that water bottle challenge. Did you have to balance the bottle on your back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sanders are a family in our troop, and they had to do planks with the open bottle on their back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time! And such a great idea to cook beforehand!!!! Clever!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete