Monday, February 12, 2018

Minecraft Helped Save a Forest?

Hello everyone! I was about to start playing Minecraft when in the news reel I found this:


When I read the article, I discovered that the Białowieża Forest, located in Poland and Belarus, was being cut down for logs. I discovered it is a beautiful forest. So, when Oglivy, a Polish advertising company, and Greenpeace Poland came up with a project called The Last Tree Standing, they made a map of the forest including every tree, stream, and flower. Then they got a Danish company called GeoBoxers to make a Minecraft map using the other map to make a life-sized Białowieża Forest. They advertized it and made a video. This is where I found out about it, and you can visit them at http://tothelasttree.com. I was really interested in this, and I hope you will be too.

1 comment: